You need to select the data columns of interest before matching them using tFirstnameMatch.
- Click the tFilterColumns component to display its Basic settings view and define the component properties.
- Click the [...] button next to Edit schema to open a dialog box.
Select the name and
gender columns from the input schema and move them to
the output schema.
- Click OK to validate your changes and close the dialog box.
- Click tFirstnameMatch to display the Basic settings view and define the component properties.
Click the [...] button next to
Edit schema to view the input and output schemas, and
then click OK to close the dialog
The output schema of this component is the same as the input schema plus one fixed column: FIRSTNAMEMATCH.
- From the First Names list, select the column that holds the first names, name in this example.
If required, select the Use
Gender or the Use Country
check box and, from the list, select the column that contains the gender or
This will optimize system performance and will give more precise results.
- If required, select the Fuzzy Search check box if you want to get the first-name best match possible, in case several matches are available.