The tFileInputXML component is used to load the text to be processed.
Double-click the tFileInputXML component to open its
Basic settings view and define its properties.
- Click the [...] button next to Edit schema to add the necessary columns to hold the input data.
- In the File name field, specify the path to the file to be processed.
- In the Element to extract, enter "row".
- In the Loop XPath query field, enter the XPath query expression between double quotation marks to specify the node on which the loop is based.
- In the XPath query column of the Mapping table, specify the fields to be queried between double quotation marks.
- In the Advanced settings view of the component, select the Custom encoding check box if you encounter issues when processing the data.
- From the Encoding list, select the encoding to be used, UTF-8 in this example.