Open Studio for Big Data
Open Studio for Data Integration
Open Studio for ESB
About this task
The quickest way to create a single context variable is to use the F5 key from the Component view. The following example demonstrates how to create a context variable while configuring a file path for a component in a Job.
- On the relevant Component view, place your cursor in the field you want to parameterize.
Press F5 to display the
New Context Parameter dialog box:
Give a Name to this new
variable, fill in the Comment field if needed,
and choose the Type.
Note: The variable name should follow some typing rules and should not contain any forbidden characters, such as space character.
- Enter a Prompt to be displayed to confirm the use of this variable in the current Job execution (generally used for test purpose only), select the Prompt for value check box to display the prompt message and an editable value field at the execution time.
- If you filled in a value already in the corresponding properties field, this value is displayed in the Default value field. Else, type in the default value you want to use for one context.
- Click Finish to validate.
- Go to the Contexts view tab. Notice that the context variables tab lists the newly created variables.
The newly created variables are listed in the Contexts view. The variable created this way is automatically stored in all existing contexts, but you can subsequently change the value independently in each context. For more information on how to create or edit a context, see Defining contexts.