Double-click tSortRow to open its
- Under the Criteria table, click the button three times to add three rows to the table.
- In the Schema column column, select, for each row, the schema column to be used as the sorting criterion. In this example, select ZipCode, City and Address, sequentially.
- In the Sort num or alpha? column, select alpha for all the three rows.
- In the Order asc or desc column, select asc for all the three rows.
- If the schema does not appear, click the Sync columns button to retrieve the schema from the preceding component.
Click Advanced settings to open its
- Select Sort on disk. Then the Temp data directory path field and the Create temp data directory if not exist check box appear.
In Temp data directory path, enter the
path to, or browse to the folder you want to use to store the temporary data
processed by tSortRow. In this approach,
tSortRow is enabled to sort
considerably more data.
As the threads will overwrite each other if they are written in the same directory, you need to create the folder for each thread to be processed using its thread ID. To do this, you can drop directly the global variable THREAD_ID of tCollector from the Outline view into this field; then the corresponding code is generated automatically, reading:
This makes the path read like:
((Integer)globalMap.get("tCollector_1_THREAD_ID"))"E:/Studio/workspace/temp"+((Integer)globalMap.get("tCollector_1_THREAD_ID")).If the Outline view does not appear in the Studio, you can display it by selecting it from the Show view dialog box. For further information, see Talend Studio User Guide.
- Ensure that the Create temp data directory if not exists check box is selected.