- Drop the following components: tFileInputDelimited, tDenormalize, tLogRow from the Palette to the design workspace.
- Connect the components using Row main connections.
On the tFileInputDelimited
Component view, set the filepath to the
file to be denormalized.
- Define the Header, Row Separator and Field Separator parameters.
The input file schema is made of two columns, Fathers and Children.
- In the Basic settings of tDenormalize, define the column that contains multiple values to be grouped.
In this use case, the column to denormalize is Children.
- Set the Delimiter to separate the grouped values. Beware as only one column can be denormalized.
- Select the Merge same value check box, if you know that some values to be grouped are strictly identical.
- Save your Job and press F6 to execute it.
All values from the column Children (set as column to denormalize) are grouped by their Fathers column. Values are separated by a comma.