Authenticating users for file transfer to your JobServer or ESB Runtime
Activating user authentication for file upload
Before you begin
- Download and apply the R2022-09 monthly update patch on Talend Administration Center
and Talend Studio.
- For further information about applying a monthly patch for Studio, see Updating Studio.
- For further information about how to update Talend Administration Center, see Checking for updates.
- Download and apply the following patches on each JobServer or ESB Runtime.
For information about how to obtain the patches, reach out to your Support contact of Talend with the patch numbers above.
- Global protection for authentication to JobServer or Runtime must have been activated by following this procedure.
Backward compatibility: Any old configuration for Talend Studio, Talend Administration Center and Talend JobServer or Talend Runtime should work after these patches.
Stop Talend Studio and
enable this feature in Studio.
Open the <Studio_installation>/Talend-Studio-*.ini file, add the following line:
Stop Talend Administration Center and
enable this feature in it.
Open the TAC_installation/apache-tomcat/bin/setenv.sh or the TAC_installation/apache-tomcat/bin/setenv.bat file, add the following system property to the
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.oldThis should make the
JAVA_OPTSline look like:
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx4096m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dorg.talend.remote.jobserver.client.old=false"
Restart Talend Studio and
Talend Administration Center.
Some exceptions happen at server side, because Talend Studio and Talend Administration Center now fail to find the new protocol and then fall back to use the old one. Despite this, all Jobs run as expected.
Stop your JobServer or Runtime and enable this feature on this server side.
- For JobServer, open the
file to add the following
- For ESB Runtime, open the
file to add the following
- For JobServer, open the <JobServer_installation>/conf/TalendJobServer.properties file to add the following line:
Restart your JobServer or Runtime
Once done and after around one hour, all clients, that is to say, your Studio and Talend Administration Center start to recognize the change to use the new user authentication for file uploading.
Note that if you have excluded some JobServer or Runtime instances from applying the new patches, these instances can still work but are not protected by this authentication. As a consequence, in the end of each hour, an exception is returned because the clients keep checking the new protocol but failing to find them, although your Jobs can still run successfully.