Configure the pipeline script provided by Talend to generate the project items according to the Maven phase you want to achieve and the repository you want to deploy your artifacts to.
Some parameters come from the maven_settings file you have previously defined and the credentials you have stored in Jenkins. For more information about the Talend Maven parameters you can use when configuring your pipeline, see Talend custom Maven build options.
- From the Jenkins home page, select TalendSimplePipeline.
- Click Build with Parameters on the left panel to open the pipeline configuration page.
Set your own values for the environment variables defined in the script (Git
project name and branch, Job name/version/type, Maven goals, repository URL,
- You can copy-paste the parameters that are stated in the description of each field in the corresponding parameter fields.
- You can also directly look for the <> references in the jenkins_talend_helper.groovy script provided by Talend as an example and replace them with values corresponding to your environment. The script can be found in the Downloads tab of this page.
ExampleValues for a project named CICD, Jobs named my_simple_job, my_complex_job and my_other_complex_job with a 0.1 version to be deployed in a Docker image named cicd4talend:
Parameter Example of default value GIT_PROJECT_LIST
clean deploy -Pdocker
-Dlicense.path=license -Dupdatesite.path=http://localhost:8080/P2/ -Dpatch.path=D:/patches/Patch_20220513_R2022-05_v1-7.3.1.zip -Dorg.slf4j.simpleLogger.showDateTime=true -Dorg.slf4j.simpleLogger.dateTimeFormat=HH:mm:ss,SSS
-Dtalend.docker.name=cicd4talend -Ddocker.host=tcp://192.168.2.1:3275 -Ddocker.push.registry=talenddockerregistry -Ddocker.push.username=talenduser -Ddocker.push.password=Talenddock3rpassw0rdWarning: Syntax requirements:
- The value of the GIT_PROJECT_LIST parameter must be in upper case otherwise it might cause build failure. If you used special characters in the project name or have any doubts on its final syntax you can check it in the parent pom.xml file of your project (talend.project.name variable in <project>/poms/pom.xml).
- The value of the JOBS_TO_BUILD parameter must be in lower case even if the original name of your Job/Route/Service contained upper case as all artifacts are in lower case in the .pom files required to launch the build.
- Do not add manually the "-SNAPSHOT" suffix to the version value. Snapshots and releases are decoupled from the version itself and must only be handled via the Studio preferences, see Changing the deployment version of each artifact at once.
- Click Build to take your changes into account and build your artifacts.