About this task
Double-click tSqoopImport to open its
- In the Mode area, select Use Java API.
In the Version area, select the Hadoop
distribution to be used and its version. If you cannot find from the list
the distribution corresponding to yours, select Custom so as to connect to a Hadoop distribution not
officially supported in the Studio.
For a step-by-step example about how to use this Custom option, see Connecting to a custom Hadoop distribution.
- In the NameNode URI field, enter the location of the master node, the NameNode, of the distribution to be used. If you are using WebHDFS, the location should be webhdfs://masternode:portnumber; WebHDFS with SSL is not supported yet.
In the Resource Manager
field, enter the location of the ResourceManager of your distribution.
Note that the notion Job in this term JobTracker designates the MR or the MapReduce jobs described in Apache's documentation on http://hadoop.apache.org/.
If the distribution to be used requires Kerberos authentication, select
the Use Kerberos authentication check box
and complete the authentication details. Otherwise, leave this check box
If you need to use a Kerberos keytab file to log in, select Use a keytab to authenticate. A keytab file contains pairs of Kerberos principals and encrypted keys. You need to enter the principal to be used in the Principal field and the access path to the keytab file itself in the Keytab field. This keytab file must be stored in the machine in which your Job actually runs, for example, on a Talend Jobserver.
Note that the user that executes a keytab-enabled Job is not necessarily the one a principal designates but must have the right to read the keytab file being used. For example, the username you are using to execute a Job is user1 and the principal to be used is guest; in this situation, ensure that user1 has the right to read the keytab file to be used.
- In the Connection field, enter the URI of the MySQL database where the source table is stored. For example, jdbc:mysql://10.42.10.13/mysql.
- In Username and Password, enter the authentication information.
Under the Driver JAR table, click the
[+] button to add one row, then in this
row, click the [...] button to display the
drop-down list and select the jar file to be used from that list. In this
scenario, it is mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar.
If the [...] button does not appear, click anywhere in this row to make it displayed.
- In the Table Name field, enter the name of the source table. In this scenario, it is sqoopmerge.
- From the File format list, select the format that corresponds to the data to be used, textfile in this scenario.
- Select the Specify target dir check box and enter the directory where you need to import the data to. For example, /user/ychen/target_old.