Before you begin
- The MDM server is up and running.
- You have already connected to the MDM server from Talend Studio.
- A data model has been already created.
About this task
In the MDM Repository tree view, expand the
Data Model node and double-click the data model
in which you want to define the elements to be handled by the
In this example, you want to set a lookup field Region on the Agency entity in order for a corresponding Process to retrieve the agency region from the source system.
In the Data Model Entities panel, right-click the
entity from which you want to select the element(s) to be handled by the
A contextual menu pops up.
Select Set Lookup Field to open a dialog box.
- Click the arrow and select from the list one of the elements pertaining to the selected entity.
- Click the icon in the upper right corner to add the selected element to the Lookup Fields list.
Do the same to add as many elements as necessary to the Lookup
Warning: Only listed elements will be transformed/enriched on the fly by the Process. If this Process modifies anything else in the XML record, these modifications will be ignored at the entity level because the Process will send only the specified elements and not all the XML record.
Click OK to close the dialog box.
The defined look up field(s) will be displayed under the Annotations node corresponding to the entity selected in the Data Model Entities panel.