You can modify some specific component settings such as the default mapping link display.
The following procedure applies to the external components and to the components included in the Studio.
In the tree view of the Preferences dialog box, expand the Talend node and select Components.
Set your preferences as needed.
- In the Row limit field, set the number of the data rows you want to see in the data viewer. For further information about the data viewer, see Viewing in-process data.
- From the Default mapping links display as list, select the mapping link type you want to use in the tMap.
tRunJob, select the check box if you do not
want the corresponding Job to open upon double clicking a
tRunJob component.Note: You will still be able to open the corresponding Job by right clicking the tRunJob component and selecting Open tRunJob Component.
Joblet, select the check box if you do not
want the corresponding Job to open upon double clicking a Joblet
component.Note: You will still be able to open the corresponding Job by right clicking the Joblet component and selecting Open Joblet Component.
- Under Component Assist, select the Enable Component Creation Assistant check box if you want to be able to add a component by typing its name in the design workspace. For more information, see Adding components to the Job.
Select the Enable online help for components check box if you want to enable online help which shows you our latest content on Talend Help Center (https://help.talend.com). Clear the check box if you want to enable embedded help. By default, the check box is selected and online help is enabled.Note:
To enable embedded help, you need to install an additional package for the product you are using and restart your Talend Studio after the installation of the package. Upgrading your license requires a reinstallation of the package.
You can install the package via the following two ways:
- click OK when prompted after clearing the Enable online help for components check box.
- go to Talend Help. and select
Click Apply to validate
the set preferences. You can also click Apply and
Close to validate the set preferences and close the dialog
This configuration is stored in the metadata of the workspace. If the workspace of Talend Studio changes, you have to reset this configuration again.