The easiest and most common way to fill out the XML tree panel, is to import a well-formed XML file.
- Rename the root tag that displays by default on the XML tree panel, by clicking on it once.
- Right-click on the root tag to display the contextual menu.
- On the menu, select Import XML tree.
Browse to the file to import and click OK.
The XML Tree column is hence automatically filled out with the correct elements.
You can import an XML tree from files in XML, XSD and DTD formats.
When importing an XML tree structure from an XSD file, you can choose an element as the root of your XML tree.
- If you need to add or remove an element or sub-elements, right-click the relevant element of the tree to display the contextual menu.
- Select Delete to remove the selection from the tree or select the relevant option among: Add sub-element, Add attribute, Add namespace to enrich the tree.