From, you set up the parameters of the email system which sends the notifications.
Talend Data Catalog supports SSL/TLS for email servers. The server detects SSL/TLS automatically and you do not need to explicitly request it.
Before you begin
- You have been assigned a global role with the Application Administration capability.
- Your email server provides SMTP access.
- Go to .
- Enable the SMTP.
Fill in the following user information.
Field Description Sender Address Type in the email address that will be displayed as the sender information in the emails received by the recipients. Reply to address Type in the email address that will displayed as the reply-to address in the emails. By default, it is the same as the sender address. External URL Enter a link that points to the Talend Data Catalog server, for example http://localhost:11480/MM. The recipients can open the link from the emails.
To have the server name instead of localhost in the URL for the glossary notifications, you can replace the
M_SERVER_FQDN=server_namein the tomcat/conf/tomcat.properties file.
Fill in the following server information.
Select Custom for the Service Provider.
Field Description Host Name Type in the host name of your mail server. Port Type in the port of your mail server. User Name Type in the user name used when connecting to the SMTP server. Password Type in the password used when connecting to the SMTP server.
Select Office 365 for the Service Provider.Microsoft Graph is the gateway to data and intelligence in Microsoft 365. This product allows you to send mail via the Microsoft Graph API.
Field Description Tenant ID Type in the Tenant ID of the SMTP server. Client ID Type in the Client ID to use when connecting to the SMTP server. Client Secret Type in the Client Secret to use when connecting to the SMTP server.
- Click the Send Test Email button.
Type in the recipient and click Send.
- An alert message displays when the test message has been sent successfully.
- An error message displays when the test message has been failed. Click Show Details for more information.
- Click OK.
- In Notification settings, click Yes to allow users to subscribe to or watch an object and thus receive email notifications of any changes to the object.
- In Batch time, specify the time that the notifications will cover.
- In Workflow Overdue Period, specifies the number of days after a workflow task is assigned to user before that user is sent an email reminder of the task.
- Click Save.