Create an imported object type as a collection of profile objects in imported models.
- The possible attribute types are defined as a part of profiles which are associated with the different metadata sources such as RDBMS or Tableau. The purpose of defining an imported object type is to group these different profile objects into collections of imported object types.
- You can also associate custom attributes with the imported object types. You need to specify a scope within the set of imported objects to which the custom attributes will apply.
Before you begin
- You have a Talend Data Catalog Advanced or Advanced Plus license edition.
- You have been assigned a global role with the Application Administration capability.
- Go to START EDITING. then click
- In the Object Types panel, click Add.
- Select Imported as the type.
Enter a name and a description.
The object name must be unique in the entire repository.
In the Imported model object scope field, select a scope of
object categories to assign the type to.
- Click Choose to select one or more object categories from the list.
- Click Advanced to see the complete list of categories. This list is very long, as any metadata object can be assigned an object type.
- Click OK.
Edit or configure the following fields as necessary.
Field Description Name Enter a name.
An object name should be a singular noun optionally preceded with an adjective and short as possible.
Description Enter a description. Imported model object scope Select a scope of object categories to assign the type to. Package Select a package that the object type is a member of.
The Default package is assigned by default.
- Click SAVE.