Before you begin
- Go to .
- Select a group.
- Click the Preferences tab.
- To enable or disable a preference or set a preference for this group, click the Add icon.
- In the dialog box, select a preference in the list and click OK.
To set the value for a preference, double-click the
Action Description Enable a preference Set the value to True.
For example, you set the Show Comments widget preference to True. It means that the members of this group see this widget in the object pages by default.
Disable a preference Set the value to False.
For example, you set the Show Attachments widget preference to False. It means that the members of this group do not see this widget in the object pages by default.
Define a preference
- Set a numerical value above 0. Generally, setting the value to
For example, you set the Worksheet Maximum number of objects per Page preference to 50. It means that the members of this group see 50 objects displayed per page in worksheets by default.
- Select one or more default values among the list of possible
For example, you set the Group Tabs Default Display Mode preference to List. It means that when the members of this group open an object page, all tabs display as a list by default.
- Set a numerical value above 0. Generally, setting the value to 0 means unlimited.
- To remove an assigned preference, click the cross icon next to the preference.
Save for the changes to take effect.
Talend Data Catalog reads the group preferences when starting up. They are cached until you refresh the browser.If you are part of multiple groups, Talend Data Catalog takes care of consolidating the contradicting settings. For example, if there are different values for the maximum number of objects displayed per page in a worksheet, Talend Data Catalog chooses the largest one.