The following steps describe how to execute and initialize Talend Data Catalog application server.
You have requested and saved your license file on your machine.
Before you begin
Go to the software home directory and click the
RestartServerApplication.sh file to start Talend Data Catalog Application
If you are using the Linux shell:
$ cd /opt/<TDC_HOME>/TalendDataCatalog $ sudo ./RestartServerApplication.sh $ exitAdministrators can also use the system daemon directories to control Talend Data Catalog application server, for example /etc/init.d/ or /etc/systemd/.
In the TalendDataCatalog directory, double-click the
Metadata Management shortcut to launch Talend Data Catalog.
You may have changed the default port of this URL, when you have configured the parameters in the Application Server tab.
- In the Configure Database Connection dialog box, define the connection to the previously created database.
Click Test Connection to verify the database
- If the connection succeeds, a success alert message displays.
- If the connection fails, an error message displays detailing why the connection failed.
Click OK, then save the database connection.
Talend Data Catalog Application Server will create all the necessary tables in the database.
- Browse for your license file and click Save License.
- Log in as Administrator with the password Administrator.
If necessary, apply the latest Talend Data Catalog
For more information, see Applying a Talend Data Catalog patch.
You are now ready to use Talend Data Catalog.