Before you begin
- You have been assigned a global role with the Application Administration capability.
- You have installed and launched Docker Desktop on your machine. For more information, see https://docs.docker.com/get-docker.
- If necessary, you have configured Docker to use a proxy server. For more information, see https://docs.docker.com/network/proxy.
Open a command prompt or a terminal window.
For Windows, use PowerShell.
Execute the following command to run the container:
docker run -d --restart unless-stopped --name <CONTAINER_NAME> -e CLOUD_URL=http://<server>:<port>/MM -e AGENT_STRING=<SHARED_SECRET> <DOCKER_IMAGE:TAG>You can define the key parameters as follows:
Parameter Action CONTAINER_NAME Enter the name of your remote harvesting server. CLOUD_URL
Enter the URL of the Talend Data Catalog application server.
AGENT_STRING Enter a shared secret set to anything as long it is:
- reasonably descriptive so it can usefully be identified in the UI,
- hard to guess since it also works as a shared secret string.
DOCKER_IMAGE:TAG Enter talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent as the Docker image.
Enter the version name of Talend Data Catalog build as the tag, such as 8-20211215.
For example, you can enter talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent:8-20211215.
You can find the list of Talend Data Catalog versions on https://hub.docker.com/r/talend/datacatalog-remote-harvesting-agent/tags.
docker psor go to Docker Desktop and check that the Docker container is running.