Resolution tasks aim to curate the records they contain. Data curation can consist in fixing one or several fields of the records. The outcome of a resolution task is the clean record produced by the data steward.
Curing data values and validating your modifications transition the task to the next state defined in the workflow which determines what states are available to what data stewards. However, a task cannot be validated or even marked as ready as long as it contains any invalid value.
About this task
In this example, tasks are transitioned into two validation steps, one to fix the price values and accept or reject the changes made on records by data inspectors, and the second to approve and accept or reject the changes made on records. The data steward assigned the last validation step can mark the tasks as resolved or send them back to any step in the workflow.
On the Tasks page, click the campaign name, Product catalog in this example, to open a list of the tasks assigned to you.
Click a color in the quality bar at the top of a column to filter the task list accordingly as the following:
Option Description Green Represents valid data which matches the columns type. Grey Represents empty fields. However, an empty value for a mandatory field is marked as red, not white. Red Represents invalid data which does not match the column type or the parameter set in the data model.
Fix individual values or do a bulk fix for data in a specific column:
- Double-click an invalid value in a column, enter a new value in the field and press Enter .
- Use the functions in the right-hand panel to transform all the data in the selected column.
Optionally, click the link in the Product_URL column to open a picture of the product item and see if it matches the information in the product catalog.
Note: URLs will display as hyperlinks only if you set the semantic type for the Product_URL column to URL while defining the data model for the campaign.
- Repeat the above step to modify all invalid values and tag curated tasks with green.
- Click the icon next to the data record you modified to mark the task with green background, i.e. ready to be validated.
- Optionally, click the curated task to display the lock icon and click the icon to put the task back to its initial state with a dark-grey background color. You need to reclick the lock icon to mark the task as ready for validation.
Click Validate in the top-right corner of the page to transition the tasks to the next step in the workflow.
The steward with the Price validator role can now access the tasks, follow the same steps to fix the price values and decide to accept or reject the changes done on data. This sends the tasks to the second validation step in the workflow.
The steward with the Data validator role can follow the same steps to approve the records a second time and accept or reject the changes.
Approved tasks are transitioned to the Resolved state in the workflow. Rejected tasks are transitioned back to the initial step in the workflow and marked as new.