Use Talend Data Stewardship connection parameters to define context variables and pass them to the Job at runtime to decide onto which Talend Data Stewardship instance to populate with your data.
About this task
- Right-click the Contexts node in the Repository tree view and select Create context group from the menu.
- In the open wizard, enter a name, purpose, and description for the new context group. Call it TdsServerContextGroup in this example.
Click Next and start
defining the context variables.
A default context environment named
- Click the [+] button at the upper right corner of the wizard to open the Configure Contexts dialog box.
Rename the context Default to
Test and create a new context
Click OK to validate your context definition and close
the Configure Contexts dialog box.
The newly created contexts Test and Production are shown in the context variables table.
Add the following three context variables by clicking the
[+] button below the table,
specifying their names and types, and entering their values under each
- TdsServerURL of String type, which represents the URL of a Talend Data Stewardship instance.
- TdsServerUsername of String type, which represents the username for accessing a Talend Data Stewardship instance.
- TdsServerPassword of Password type, which represents the password for accessing a Talend Data Stewardship instance.
You need to enter the URL and Username values between double quotation marks and enter the Password value without double quotation marks.
- Click Finish to close the wizard and create the group under the Contexts node.
Open the Contexts view under the Job in the design
If you can not see the Contexts tab, select to open the Contexts view in Studio.
- Drop the new group from the Repository to the Contexts view.