to open its Basic Settings view in the
The dynamic schema feature is only supported in Built-In mode.
- Select Built-in as the Property Type.
- Select the DB Version from the corresponding list.
- Next to Host, enter the database server IP address.
- Next to Port, enter the listening port number of the database server.
- Enter your authentication data in the Username and Password fields.
Set the Schema type
as Built-in and click Edit schema to define the dynamic schema.
The schema editor opens:
Click the [+] button to
add a row to the schema.
- Under Column and Db Column, click in the fields to enter the corresponding column names.
- Click the field under Type to define the type of data.
Click the arrow and select Dynamic from the
Under Type, the dynamic column type must be set as Dynamic.
- Click OK to close the schema editor.
Next to the Table Name
field, click the [...] button to select
the database table of interest.
A dialog box displays a tree diagram of all the tables in the selected database:
- Click the table of interest and then click OK to close the dialog box.
- Set the Query Type as Built-In.
In the Query box, enter the query required to retrieve
all of the columns from the table.
In the SELECT statement it is necessary to use the * wildcard character, to retrieve all of the columns from the selected table.