Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Check that all default ports are open. For more informations, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
- Ensure that no more than one instance of MongoDB is installed on your machine.
- If you have a MongoDB 4.x installed on your machine, and if you want to use an embedded MongoDB during the installation, back up your data. Otherwise you might loose this data because your existing MongoDB instance will be deleted and replaced with the installer one.
- Ensure the dist file is in the same folder as the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, first login as superuser then make the file an executable and double click the Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run file.
- To run the Talend Installer from the command line, first make the file an executable then run the
installer. To do this, enter the following commands:
chmod +x Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run ./Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.runNote: To install Talend server modules as services, in the Select Components setup window, select Talend Server Services.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Custom in the installation mode list.
- Add your license file.
- Follow the different configuration steps.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save some space on your disk.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
Filebeat is automatically installed with Talend Log Server.
A user with tds-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with dataprep-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
If you chose to use the embedded MongoDB instance, Talend Installer generates the
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB
installation folder. It contains the credentials for a user with the administrator
rights in clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this file.