- Install the Apache Tomcat application server and stop the Apache Tomcat service if it is automatically started.
- Open the /etc/default/tomcat8 file, or the /etc/tomcat/tomcat.conf file on Rocky Linux or RHEL, to edit it.
Uncomment the Apache Tomcat security setting and
change the default setting as follows:
Unzip the package delivered by Talend:
This will give you access to the different components needed to benefit from all the Talend Administration Center capabilities:
- org.talend.administrator.war, the archive containing the actual Talend Administration Center Web application.
- Artifact-Repository-Nexus-VA.B.C.D.zip, the archive containing scripts to configure Nexus. For more information, see Installing Nexus.
- Artifact-Repository-Artifactory.zip, the archive containing Talend scripts to initialize users in JFrog Artifactory, that will be used to handle software updates, DI artifacts and ESB artifacts. For more information, see Introduction to the Talend products.
Copy the Web application,
into the webapps directory of Apache
Once you have copied this war file, you can either unzip it manually under the same directory, or let Apache Tomcat unzip the web application at startup.
Start Apache Tomcat by running the following
Big Data Platform
Data Management Platform
Data Services Platform
Real-Time Big Data Platform
You can implement high availability to the task execution scheduling using the Talend clustering feature. To do so, you must install Apache Tomcat in cluster mode before starting Apache Tomcat. For more information, see Installing Tomcat in cluster mode.
If you deploy a large number of applications on Apache Tomcat, you should increase its memory to improve its performance. For more information on this process, see Increasing the memory of Apache Tomcat.