Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer specific prerequisites.
- Confirm that all default ports are open. For more information, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
- Make sure that there are no other instance of MongoDB installed on your machine.
- Ensure that the dist file is in the same directory as the Talend Installer file. Depending on your license, this file is called either Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run or Talend-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-linux-x64-installer.run.
Run the installer.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, first login as superuser then make the Talend Installer file an executable file and double-click it.
- To run the Talend Installer from the command line, first make the Talend Installer file an executable file, then run it. To do this, enter the following
chmod +x <Talend-Installer>.run ./<Talend-Installer>.run
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Server in the installation mode list.
- Add your license file.
- Follow the steps about the required databases.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save space on your disk.
The modules installed in English.
Big Data Platform
Data Management Platform
Data Services Platform
Real-Time Big Data Platform
The audit capability in Talend Dictionary Service is enabled.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
A user with
tds-user as username and
duser as password is
automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with
dataprep-user as username and
password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB
installation directory. This file contains the credentials for a user with the
administrator rights in clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this