This section lists all the elements required for using the Talend products. To ease their management, Talend recommends that you centralize all the server modules on one single system.
- An application server (Apache Tomcat server) that hosts Talend Administration Center.
- A database server storing the administration metadata of Talend Administration Center (by default, a MySQL database is used).
- A database server storing data quality reports and analyses.
- A version control system for Project metadata.
- A Web browser to access Web applications:
- Talend Administration Center where projects, users, and processes can be managed and administrated. For more information, see the Talend Administration Center User Guide.
- Talend MDM Web UI, where business users and data stewards can search, display, or edit master data handled by the Talend Studio. For more information, see the Talend MDM Web UI User Guide.
- An artifact repository in which are stored software updates, external libraries and artifacts.
- Execution servers (JobServers) or Talend Runtime execution containers (based on Apache Karaf) to deploy and execute processes.
- A Talend MDM Server, necessary to use the MDM perspective of Talend Studio and Talend MDM Web UI.
- A Studio API to carry out technical processes. For more information, see the Talend Studio User Guide.
Big Data Platform
Data Management Platform
Data Services Platform
Real-Time Big Data Platform
Each of these elements is detailed in the following sub-sections.