After the installation of Nexus, you can use Talend Administration Center .zip file to configure your instance.
About this task
- Unzip Talend Administration Center .zip file, then unzip Artifact-Repository-Nexus-VA.B.C.D.E archive file.
- Inside the Artifact-Repository-Nexus-VA.B.C.D.E archive file, you can find the migration-A.B.C folder that contains the migration script as well as a .properties file.
- Copy the <NewNexusInstallationDirectory>/migration-A.B.C folder to the location of your choice.
- Open the migration-A.B.C/nexus.properties file and check the URL, port, and login connection information. Also check the version format. Update these parameters if needed and save your changes.
- Launch Nexus.
- Log into the Sonatype Nexus Repository Web application. In the nexus.properties file, you can find the application URL. After the first connection, it is strongly recommended to change the default credentials of the default administrator account.
Browse to the migration-A.B.C folder and execute the
java -jar <nexus-init-A.B.C.jar>in which
<nexus-init-A.B.C.jar>corresponds to the .jar file name that is in the migration-A.B.C folder. For example: java -jar nexus-init-8.0.1.jar.Tip: For further purposes,
nexus-init-A.B.C.jarfile can be found at this location:
- talend-custom-libs-admin (password: talend-custom-libs-admin): this user is used in Talend Administration Center Configuration > User Libraries group. Talend Studio gets the configuration information from Talend Administration Center to upload and download third-party libraries.
- talend-updates-admin (password: talend-updates-admin): this user is used in Talend Administration Center Configuration > Software Update group. Talend Administration Center downloads the patch from Talend Update Server and use this account to upload the patch to Nexus. Talend Studio can download the patch from Nexus without credentials.
What to do next
Once the Nexus repository is installed and launched, you can go to the Configuration page of Talend Administration Center and add the configuration settings for the created repositories. For more information, see Setting up Software Update parameters, Setting up the artifact repository parameters, and Setting up the user library location in Talend Administration Center User Guide.