Before you begin
- Download all required files. For more information, see Talend Installer prerequisites.
- Confirm that all default ports are open. For more information, see Proxy and firewall allowlist information.
- Ensure that no more than one instance of MongoDB is installed on your machine.
- If you have a MongoDB 4.x installed on your machine, and if you want to use an embedded MongoDB during the installation, back up your data. Otherwise you might loose this data because your existing MongoDB instance will be deleted and replaced with the installer one.
- Ensure that the dist file is in the same directory as the Talend Installer executable file. Depending on your license, this file is called either Talend-Tools-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-windows-x64-installer.exe or Talend-Installer-YYYYYYYY_YYYY-VA.B.C-windows-x64-installer.exe.
- If you are planning to install Talend LogServer (deprecated), make sure your machine is using Java 8 or 11.
- To run the Talend Installer from the desktop, log in as superuser then double-click the Talend Installer executable file.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Choose the directory where you want your Talend product to be installed.
- Choose Custom in the installation mode list.
- Add your license file.
- Follow the different configuration steps.
- Launch the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you can remove the dist file to save space on your disk.
Talend Installer creates a usedports.txt file where all the ports used by Talend Server modules are listed.
Filebeat is automatically installed with Talend LogServer.
A user with tds-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Stewardship.
A user with dataprep-user as username and duser as password is automatically created in MongoDB for Talend Data Preparation.
If you chose to use the embedded MongoDB instance, Talend Installer
AdminUser.txt file at the root of the MongoDB
installation folder. This file contains the credentials for a user with the
administrator rights in clear text. It is recommended to restrict the access to this