A common Job using tJava is generally composed of:
- a tFileInputDelimited component to read data from a text file,
- a tLogRow component to print data in the console,
- a tJava component to retrieve the total number of records processed.
- In the Palette, drag and drop a tFileInputDelimited , a tLogRow and a tJava component onto the workspace.
- Connect tFileInputDelimited to tJava using a Trigger > OnSubjobOk link.
Set the Basic settings of the tFileInputDelimited
- Double-click on tFileInputDelimited to display its Basic settings. In the file name/steam field, add the source data file path "C:/person.txt".
This file includes the following data:
1;Shong 2;Elisa 3;Sabrina
Click the Edit Schema button and set the two-column
Double-click on tjava to display its Basic
settings view and add the following code in the
int nb_line=(Integer)globalMap.get("tFileInputDelimited_1_NB_LINE"); System.out.println("The total number of records are read from the text file is: " +nb_line);
- Execute the Job by pressing F6.
The actual records from the input file are printed into the console natively. In addition, due to the use of the tJava component, the number of records also displays onto the console.