You can easily populate the cross-referencing table with data stored locally in a .csv or an .xls file.
The MDM server is already launched. You have been assigned a role with Read & Write access to the appropriate data container, data model and the cross referencing menu.
Before you begin
Make sure that you have selected:
- the data container that holds the master data for which you want to create a cross-referencing table,
- the data model against which the master data will be validated.
To upload data into a cross-reference table, complete the following:
About this task
Click Cross Referencing in the Menu panel to open a new page.
From the table list, select the cross reference table you want to populate
The selected table opens on the page and the table name is shown in the field.
Click Upload data file to proceed to the next
- Browse to the file which contains the data you want to upload.
- From the File type list, select the format of the file.
- Select the separator and text delimiter used to separate the data stream in the file.
- If required, select the appropriate encoding from the Encoding list.
Click on Submit at the bottom of the
A bar displays the progression of the upload operation. The open cross-referencing table is populated with data from the selected file.