From the Staging Data Browser in Talend MDM Web UI, you can simulate the matching of staging data records and figure out whether they can match together. If they do match, you can learn the match details and the master data record to be generated.
Before you begin
- The MDM server is already launched.
- You have been assigned a role with the appropriate user authorization and access rights.
- You have selected the data container that holds the master data you want to manage and the corresponding data model against which the master data will be validated.
- At least one view has been created in Talend Studio.
- A match rule has been defined and attached to a specific entity of a data model. The match rule and the data model have been deployed to the MDM server.
To simulate the matching of staging data records, do the following:
About this task
- Search and list the records of interest in the Staging Data Browser page.
From the list, select more than one record on which you want to perform the
match simulation, and click Simulate Match on the menu
The Match Plan Simulation dialog box opens, where you
can view whether the selected data records match and check the match result if
The match result includes the following information:
- Group Size: Indicates the number of data records which are matched together into a group.
- Confidence: Indicates the confidence score computed by normalizing all match scores to a value between 0 and 1 with a weighted match score.
- Score: Indicates, in the form of a percentage accurate to two decimal places, the consolidated match score (that is, how similar two or more data records are) computed based on all match keys defined in the match rule attached to the data model entity. You can move your mouse over the score to view the score expressed as a decimal.
- Score per field: Indicates, in the form of a percentage accurate to two decimal places, the match score computed based on each match key defined in the match rule attached to the data model entity. You can move your mouse over the score to view the score expressed as a decimal.
You can also click the button to open the Match Details dialog box, which gives detailed information about how each selected staging data record is matched.