Open Studio for ESB
- Agents (sam-agent) which gather and send monitoring data
- A monitoring Server (sam-server) which processes and stores the data
- The Agent creates events out of requests and replies from both the service consumer and provider side.
- The events are first collected locally and then sent to the Monitoring Server periodically (so as not to disturb the normal message flow).
- When the Monitoring Server receives events from the Agent, it optionally uses filters and handlers on those events and stores them into a database.
- The agent is by default installed as a feature in Talend ESB Container.
- The Monitoring Server needs to be installed into a Servlet Container (Tomcat) or an OSGi Container (Talend ESB Container) and needs access to a database.
Once Talend ESB installed, you can access the Service Activity Monitoring server in the <TalendESBPath>/add-ons/sam directory to install it or directly install it as a feature within the Talend ESB Container.