Add components in to your design workspace and configure these before running the Job.
- Drag-and-drop the SAP HANA database connection you previously created into the design workspace.
- Add the tSAPHanaUnload component.
Connect the components using the
.The following image displays the sample Job:
Select tSAPHanaUnload and view the Basic settings
- Mark the Use an existing connection checkbox.
- Select tDBConnection_1-SAPHANA option from the dropdown list.
- Enter the name of the SAP HANA database table that you wish to export in the Table field.
- Add the target location where you want to store the exported data in the Export location on the SAP HANA host field. This refers to a directory in your SAP HANA database local machine.
- Run the Job.
All the data from the specified SAP HANA database table are exported and stored locally in the unload directory of your SAP HANA database machine. Note that you can find the exported data in a subdirectory of your target location.
tSAPHanaUnload exports and creates several files in the subdirectory, including the metadata of the SAP HANA table, the information about the extracted data, the information about the SAP HANA system, the commands for file import into SAP HANA, and so on. Be sure to look into the data.csv, which contains the data you need.
You can further use the exported data and send these to a third-party storage system of your choice.