The Talend ESB functional architecture is an architectural model that identifies Talend ESB functions, interactions and corresponding IT needs. The overall architecture has been described by isolating specific functionalities in functional blocks.
The following chart illustrates the main architectural functional blocks.
The different types of functional blocks are:
- The Clients block includes one or more Talend Studio(s) and
Web browsers that could be on the same or on different machines.
From the Studio, you can carry out data integration or data service processes, mediation routes and services, and publish them on the Talend Artifact Repository.
From the Web browser, you connect to:
- the remotely based Talend Administration Center through a secured HTTP protocol.
the Talend Data Preparation Web application, where you import your data, from local files or other sources, and cleanse or enrich it by creating new preparations on this data
the Talend Data Stewardship Web application, where campaign owners and data stewards manage campaigns and tasks
- The Server block includes:
- a web-based Administration Center (application server). The Administration Center enables you to set up the execution of the tasks that handle Routes or Services execution into the Talend Runtime.
servers used by the Talend Web applications, namely Talend Data Preparation, Talend Data Stewardship, and the Identity Access Management server which is used to enable Single Sign-On between those applications.
- The Repositories block includes the Git server and the Nexus
The Git server is used to centralize all project metadata like Jobs, Routines, Routes, Services, shared between the different end-users, and accessible from the Talend Studio to develop them and from the Talend Administration Center to publish, deploy and monitor them.
The Talend Artifact Repository is used to store all the Routes and Services that are published from the Studio and are ready to be deployed in Talend Runtime.
- The Talend Execution Servers block represents one or more Talend Runtime (execution container) deployed inside your information system. The Talend Runtime deploys and executes the routes and services retrieved from the Nexus Artifact Repository according to the set up defined in the Administration Center via the web application.
- The Databases block includes the Administration, the Audit and
the Monitoring databases.
The Administration database is used to manage user accounts, access rights and project authorization, and so on.
The Audit database is used to evaluate different aspects of the Jobs implemented in projects developed in Talend Studio with the aim of providing solid quantitative and qualitative factors for process-oriented decision support.
The Monitoring database is used to monitor service calls.