From the menu bar, click Preferences dialog box.
to display the Alternatively, you can also configure the update repositories in the Preference dialog box opened from the Connections window before logging into a project. For more information, see Launching Talend Studio for Cloud.
On the tree view in the Preferences dialog box, expand the
Talend node and then click Update
settings to display the relevant view.
If you have installed the 8.0 R2022-05 Studio monthly update or a later one provided by Talend, when logging into a project managed by Talend Cloud Management Console, Talend Studio automatically retrieves the update settings that your administrator configured in Talend Cloud Management Console, which appear as read-only base and update URLs. For more information about managing the Talend Studio update settings in Talend Cloud Management Console, see Managing Talend Studio updates from Talend Cloud Management Console.
For testing purposes, for example, if you want to use your own update settings, select the Use local update settings check box and specify the base and update URLs by following the step below.
In the Base URL and Update URL
fields, enter the URL of the repository for Talend Studio feature packages and updates respectively.
Note that if you have installed the 8.0 R2022-05 Studio monthly update or a later one provided by Talend, this step is needed only when you want to use the local update settings.
Pay attention to the following before configuring the values for both fields:
- By default, the value of the Base URL field is set to the Talend official site, and the Update URL field is empty to avoid conflicts with the settings in Talend Administration Center.
- The Base URL field cannot be empty. Talend Studio feature packages are required when installing Talend Studio features. For more information, see Managing features in Talend Studio.
- If the Update URL field is empty, Talend Studio will not automatically detect and notify you about available
For more information about how to update Talend Studio, see Updating Talend Studio.
For more information about the update URL for each Talend Studio monthly update, see Data Fabric Release Notes.
- You can click Restore Defaults to fill both fields with the Talend official sites.
- You can create proxy repositories or host the official Talend repositories and fill both fields with proxy or host URLs. For more information, see Setting up update repositories for Talend Studio and Continuous Integration.
- Click Apply and Close to save your changes and close the dialog box.