Launch Talend Studio and configure a connection to start creating Jobs, Routes and Services.
This procedure also allows you to configure Studio to connect to Cloud.
About this task
Users must be granted the pre-defined Integration Developer role before launching the Studio to fetch the license from Talend Cloud Management Console.
- Double-click the executable file that corresponds to your platform.
- Read and accept the terms of the end-user license agreement.
- Select My product license is on a remote host and then select a host based on your region and requirements to fetch your license from Talend Cloud Management Console.
- If the host is working behind a proxy server, click Network settings and configure the proxy settings in the Preferences dialog box displayed.
If you have installed the 8.0 R2022-01 Studio monthly update or a later one
provided by Talend,
enter your token in the Token field. Otherwise, enter your
login name and token in the corresponding Login and
You can check your login name or generate a personal access token from your Profile Preferences in Talend Cloud.
- Click Fetch, then Next.
to create a connection.If needed, you can click Preferences in the Connections window, and then in the Preferences dialog box displayed, configure the network connections, the timeout settings, and the update settings for Talend Studio. For more information about the update settings, see Configuring update repositories.
Create a new local connection or connect to a remote project.
For information about a Talend project, see Creating a project.
- If you connect to a remote project hosted on Talend Cloud Management Console, your Studio is automatically connected to Talend Cloud using the credentials added for this project connection. For further
information about how to connect to a remote project, see Accessing remote projects from Talend Studio.
The cloud connection allows you to publish artifacts designed in Studio to Talend Cloud. Once the connection is established, any update in your scenario from Talend Studio can be pushed to the cloud right away.
- If you connect to a local project, then you need to follow (Optional) Using the Preferences wizard to connect Talend Studio to Talend Cloud to connect to Talend Cloud.
- If you connect to a remote project hosted on Talend Cloud Management Console, your Studio is automatically connected to Talend Cloud using the credentials added for this project connection. For further information about how to connect to a remote project, see Accessing remote projects from Talend Studio.
- Click Finish.
What to do next
You can now install features using the Feature Manager wizard if needed. For more information, see Installing features using the Feature Manager.
Talend Studio requires specific third-party Java libraries or database drivers (.jar files) to be able to connect to sources and targets. These libraries or drivers, known as external modules, are required by some Talend components and/or connection wizards. Due to license restrictions, Talend may not be able to ship certain external modules within Talend Studio. For more information, see Installing all external modules in one go.