Talend Studio allows you to test Triggers to see if one or more Triggers which match the test conditions defined by an event record will be executed as expected.
The event record which is used to test Triggers will be processed by the Event Manager. When the conditions defined in the event record correspond to the execution conditions of a Trigger, the Trigger will be executed.
For synchronous Triggers, the execution results will be returned directly. For asynchronous Triggers, you have to check the log of activity on MDM server to figure out the real status of the execution results.
Before you begin
About this task
In the MDM Repository tree view, expand the
Event Management and Trigger
nodes and then select Test from the contextual
A dialog box opens asking you to select the appropriate server on which the MDM
server is installed.
Once you have made your choice, click OK to close the dialog box.
The Select Record dialog box opens. The selected server is
shown in the Server list.
Select UpdateReport from the Container list.
The UpdateReport document contains all the event records generated whenever a data record is created, updated or deleted. Each time the Event Manager receives a document, it tries to evaluate the conditions of each Trigger against this document.
You need to choose one event record to test Triggers.
Click the icon
next to the Entity list to display a list of
- If required, define conditions in the Record Search area to filter the records to be displayed. For example, you can select a specific time in the From and To fields respectively to display only the records generated during that period of time.
Click the desired record to display its content in the Record
If needed, you can create a new record to be used for testing Triggers.
- Click Test. A prompt message pops up, showing that one or more Triggers which match the conditions of the selected event record are executed successfully.
To verify the execution results of those Triggers, consult the
mdm.log file in one of the following ways:
- In the Server Explorer panel, right-click the connection to the server where MDM server is installed, and then click View Server Log. A Console opens displaying the most recent contents of the mdm.log file.
- You can also view the contents of the mdm.log file in a browser.
- If you have direct access to the MDM server, you can also consult the file directly in the <$INSTALLDIR>/log directory.