About this task
You can modify some specific component settings such as the default mapping link display.
The following procedure applies to the external components and to the components included in the Studio.
To modify those specific components settings, proceed as follows:
In the tree view of the Preferences dialog box, expand the Talend node and select Components.
Set your preferences as needed.
- In the Row limit field, set the number of the data rows you want to see in the data viewer. For further information about the data viewer, see Viewing in-process data.
- From the Default mapping links display as list, select the mapping link type you want to use in the tMap.
- Under tRunJob,
select the check box if you do not want the corresponding Job to open
upon double clicking a tRunJob
component.Note: You will still be able to open the corresponding Job by right clicking the tRunJob component and selecting Open tRunJob Component.
- Under Joblet, select the check box if you do
not want the corresponding Job to open upon double clicking a Joblet
component.Note: You will still be able to open the corresponding Job by right clicking the Joblet component and selecting Open Joblet Component.
- Under Component Assist, select the Enable Component Creation Assistant check box if you want to be able to add a component by typing its name in the design workspace. For more information, see Adding components to the Job.
- Click Apply to validate the set preferences. You can also click Apply and Close to validate the set preferences and close the dialog box.