In the Repository tree view of the
perspective, right-click Resources and select
Create resource from the context menu to open the
New Resource wizard.
The path to a local or remote file to create the resource from.
The name of the resource. A message comes up if you enter prohibited characters.
The purpose of the resource or any useful information regarding the resource use.
A read-only field that shows by default the current user login.
A read-only field that shows by default the login of the user who owns the lock on the current resource. This field is empty when you are creating a resource and has data only when you are editing the properties of an existing resource.
A read-only field. You can manually increment the version using the M and m buttons.
A list to select from the status of the resource you are creating.
A list to select from the folder in which the resource will be created.
In the New Resource wizard:
- To create your resource from an existing file, specify the path to the
file in the Resource file field or click
Browse to browse to it.
The resource is automatically named after the specified file. You can rename it if needed.
- To create your resource from scratch, simply give your resource a name.
- To create your resource from an existing file, specify the path to the file in the Resource file field or click Browse to browse to it.
Click Finish to create the resource and close the
- If the resource is created from an existing file, a new file named after the resource with the same content is created in the <PROJECT_NAME>\resources folder in the workspace directory and the content is displayed in the default editor or in a text editor on the design workspace depending on the content type. You can edit the content if needed.
- If the resource is created from scratch, an empty .txt file named after the resource is created in the <PROJECT_NAME>\resources folder in the workspace directory and opened on the design workspace for you to provide the content.