Big Data Platform
Cloud API Services Platform
Cloud Big Data Platform
Cloud Data Fabric
Cloud Data Management Platform
Data Management Platform
Data Services Platform
Real-Time Big Data Platform
Before you begin
- Create a column analysis. For detailed steps on how to create a column analysis, see Defining the columns to be analyzed and setting indicators.
- Set the simple statistics indicators on the specified column.
- If the analysis is connected to a MySQL 8 database, in the command line of the MySQL database server, define SET GLOBAL local_infile = 'ON';.
- Execute the analysis to open the results in the Analysis Results view.
Click the name of the analyzed column in which you want to separate unique and
duplicate values, and then click Simple Statistics to
expand the simple statistics section.
In the Label list, right-click Distinct
Count, Unique Count or
Duplicate Count and then select Identify
duplicates from the contextual menu.
The Integration perspective opens in Talend Studio showing the generated Job with the corresponding components.
The database input component and the tUniqRow components are already configured according to your connection and the column you are analyzing.
The two output components are file components in this ready-to-use Job, but you can replace them with database output components to write the duplicate and distinct values directly in the desired database.
Configure the two output components:
- Double-click the first output component with the Uniques connection and in the Local Filename field, set the path to the output file that will hold the distinct values.
- Double-click the second output component with the Duplicates connection and in the File Name field, set the path to the output file that will hold the duplicate values.
Save the Job and press F6 to execute it.
Distinct and duplicate values are written to the specified output files.
If required, right-click tFileOutputdelimited in
the generated Job and select Data Viewer.
A preview of the standardized data is open in Talend Studio.