When designing a data model entity in Talend Studio, you can add one or more elements as auto increments, whose values will be incremented by 1 automatically each time you create a new data record related to the given data model entity
For more information about how to create a data model, see Creating a data model.
To define an element as an auto increment in the data model editor, firstly change it to be of Simple Type and then select AUTO_INCREMENT from the custom simple types.
You can review and edit the values of auto increments related to a given data model in the data container browser.
About this task
- In the MDM Repository tree view, expand the Data Container node.
- Double-click the data container that holds one or more entities with auto increments.
- Click the button on the menu bar.
The Manage AutoIncrement dialog box opens, showing the
current values of auto increments for each entity.
Click the Value field and enter a new value in the row of the entity for which you want to redefine the starting value of its auto increment.
- If needed, select one specific entity and click the Reset button to reset the starting value of its auto increment to be 0 or click the Reset All button to reset the starting value of all auto increments to be 0.
- Click OK to validate your changes.