- Double-click the tFileInputXML component labelled Customers to open its Basic settings view.
Click the [...] button next to Edit
schema and in the Schema
dialog box define the schema by adding one column Customer of Document
Note that the Document data type is essential for making full use of tXMLMap. For further information about this data type, see Talend Studio User Guide.
- Click OK to validate the changes and close the dialog box. One row is added automatically to the Mapping table.
- In the File name/Stream field, browse to or enter between double quotation marks the path to the XML source file that provides the customer data. In this scenario, it is E:/Customer.xml.
- In the Loop XPath query field, enter an XPath expression between double quotation marks to specify the node on which the loop is based. In this scenario, it is /, which means to perform the loop query from the root.
- In the XPath query column of the Mapping table, enter the fields to be queried between double quotation marks. In this scenario, it is ., which means all fields under the current node (root) will be extracted.
In the Get Nodes column of the Mapping table, select the check box.
In order to build the Document type data flow, it is necessary to get the nodes from this component.