You can use the metamodeling capability to define custom models.
The metamodeling capability is available from the Manage Metamodel page. This process provides an object modeling capability and a graphical editing capability of UML class diagrams for each custom models.
With this feature, Talend Cloud Data Catalog helps you to manage, reference and govern data in your catalog and ensure the quality and security of your trusted data that can be shared safely among your organisation. It can also help you in other domains related to data governance such as managing data issues, developing business rules and processes or complying with data protection rules.
You need a Talend Cloud Data Catalog Advanced Plus license edition to define new custom objects, relationships and models.
- Attribute types are predefined or user-defined properties which are associated with object types to build data standardization among these objects.
- Object types are built from a pool of attribute types. Relationships can be defined between object types.
- Model types are built from a pool of object types. Attribute and object types can be shared across model types.
You can define as many attributes, objects and models as needed.
- Define attribute types
- Define business object types
- Associate attribute types with object types
- Define relationships between object types
- Assign object types to a custom model type
- Populate the custom model
You can view the diagram of the entire metamodel by clicking Show main diagram from the More actions menu