Categorize the metadata in the anonymized_orders database table using data classes, data profiling and sampling.
Before you begin
- You restored the following project backup and switched the configuration: tdc_gsg_sources_files\use-case-2-using_and_contributing\repo_backup.zip. For more information, see Restoring a project backup in the repository.
- Data sampling and profiling have been enabled and configured during the metadata import. Data sampling and profiling are required to perform the auto-tagging for data classification.
- You have been assigned an object role with the Metadata Viewing and Data Viewing capabilities.
- You have been assigned an object role with the Data Classification Editing capability.
- In the search bar, type in anonymized_orders table.
- Click anonymized_orders to access its details page and open the Columns tab.
- On the toolbar, click Columns and select Grid as the display mode.
Drag and drop the Data Classifications column from
Available columns to Selected
columns to display it in the Grid view.
Talend Cloud Data Catalog has already proposed tags. Tags with dotted blue lines are not approved and tags with basic blue lines are approved.
Before approving the proposed data classes for
email_address, click the email_address
column name to open its details page and see statistics and other information about
The data profile information displays in the Overview tab.
Go back to the anonymized_orders table page and click the
Data Sample tab to preview the sample data. This tab
displays samples rows extracted from the dataset.
Go back to the Columns tab and click the tick icon to
approve the Email data class for
You are ready to implement a glossary to document the enterprise vocabulary.