Talend Cloud Data Catalog incrementally profiles all tables or files in the import scope and collects sample rows, when you enable the data profiling during metadata import.
As data profiling and metadata import processes share the data store connectivity and scope details, you do not need to configure the data profiling connectivity explicitly.
Before you begin
- Make sure that the bridge of the data source supports data profiling.
- You have signed in as a user assigned to the Administrators or Application Administrators group.
- Open the Import Options tab to enable the data profiling and/or sampling options.
- Select the Data Profiling check box and define the number of rows to profile.
- Select the Data Sampling check box and define the number of rows for preview.
- Save your changes.
To run the data profiling and/or sampling, do one of the following:
- Click the Import button to re-import the model and go to the table or file's details page.
- Go to the table or file's details page and in the More actions menu, click Generate Data Sampling and Profiling.