Open a report from your catalog in a BI tool.
Defining the URL to connect the external tool
- You have imported successfully the report in a model from the source tool.
- You have been assigned a Manager security role.
- Go to or .
- Click the report in the Configuration Manager or Repository Manager panel.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Click the Enable button to enable the Open in External Tool action.
- In the Server URL field, enter the URL to the external tool.
- Click SAVE.
Opening a report in an external tool from the report details page
- You have defined the external URL in the Tools tab.
- You have been assigned a Viewer security role.
- Open the details page of the report.
- Click the Open with External Tool button next to the
You can also go to the More actions menu then click Open with external tool.
Opening a report in an external tool from a worksheet
You can open a report in an external tool without going to its details page.
- In a worksheet, click the Columns menu.
- Move the External URL column from the Available columns list to the Selected columns list.
- Close the Columns panel.
You can now open the report in an external tool directly from the worksheet.