Use an existing model that is well documented to populate a glossary. The glossary categories, terms and relationships are based on the structure of the source model.
Before you begin
- You have been assigned a Manager security role.
- You have verified that the model used to populate the glossary is imported.
- You have created an empty category in an existing glossary or a new one.
- Open the empty category that you will populate with the model.
- Click the More actions menu.
- Click Bootstrap from model.
- Select the source model and click OK.
- Select a group or a user from the list to assign a steward to the category and its children.
If necessary, you can create semantic links between the glossary and the source
Semantic link Action None Select None to not create links back to the source model. Classification Select Classification to create a classification link between the glossary terms and the data objects of the source model. It allows you to visualize the semantic lineage to and from the terms and data objects from the Semantic Flow tab.
Select the Overwrite existing classification links checkbox to overwrite any existing classifications of the model data objects.
Semantic Mapping Select Semantic Mapping to create a semantic mapping between the glossary terms and the data objects of the source model. It allows you to visualize the semantic lineage to and from the terms and data objects from the Semantic Flow tab
Type in a name for the semantic mapping.
If the operation succeeded, open and review the glossary.If the operation failed, open the log messages and correct the source model file accordingly.