Start by defining the type and authorized values for the metadata you want to create.
On the left of the dataset header, click the Go back
arrow to return to the homepage.
You will find your four datasets, and for each one, columns with several information you are now familiar with, like the average rating or the dataset quality. You can also see the Talend Trust Score™, a global quality indicator aggregating the quality of the dataset, the ratings, and several other factors.
- Click the Custom attributes tab of the left menu.
- Click the Add custom attribute button. The creation form opens.
- In the Name field, enter To clean.
Add the following Description so that
other users know the goal of this metadata:
To give an indication on whether the dataset needs further cleansing or formatting operations via other applications.
- From the Type drop-down list, select List of values.
- On the right side of the Values field, click the + icon to
- In the New entry field, enter Yes and click the Validate and add icon. You can also press Enter to validate and add new values.
- Enter No as second possible value for the attribute.
Leave the Mandatory switch
Making a new attribute mandatory means that its value cannot be left empty for a given dataset and you will have to enter a Default value in the dedicated field.
- Click Validate.
You can edit, delete or add new values to you custom attributes definitions anytime.