Create an external data source in Salesforce to access your data through the API. For more information about external data sources in Salesforce, see the Salesforce documentation.
- Once your API is enabled, go to Salesforce, open the Setup page and search for External Data Sources.
- On the External Data Sources page, click New External Data Source.
- Enter a label and a name for the data source, and select Salesforce Connect: OData 4.0 in the Type drop-down list.
Enter your API URL in the URL field.
If your connection uses a Cloud Engine for Design, you can find the URL in the API tab of your dataset. If you are using a Remote Engine Gen2, contact your administrator to get the relevant URL.
- In the Authentication section of the configuration, select Per User in the Identity Type drop-down list and Password Authentication in the Authentication Protocol list.
- Enter the username and password, then click Save.
- Make sure that your configuration is correct, then click Validate and Sync.
- Select the table that you want to use and click Sync.
The data source is now created, you can use it to create a custom tab.