Define credentials to access the API and display the data fetched in a Salesforce tab. For more information about custom tabs in Salesforce, see the Salesforce documentation.
- In Salesforce, go to .
- Click New.
- Select the data source that you created in the External Data Source drop-down list and select a user.
- Enter the username and password and click Save.
- Go to Setup and search for Tabs.
- On the Custom Tabs page, click the New button next to Custom Object Tabs.
- Select your table in the Object drop-down list.
- Select a Tab Style, enter a description if needed and click Next.
- Define the user profiles that should have access to the tab, then click Next.
Define the custom apps that should include the tab and click
Your tab is created and should appear in your Salesforce header bar.
- Open the new tab and click Go to fetch the data.
Your data is now displayed in the tab, you can create views to add filters and include different fields as needed.