The Talend Trust Score™ helps you answer the question "How trustable is my dataset?". This global quality indicator aggregates several metrics into a single and easy to understand score, that scales from 0 to 5.
From the dataset list or from a dataset overview, you can find the Talend Trust Score™, its evolution, and comprehensive insights such as:
- On the left side, the global Talend Trust Score™ for the selected datasets and a percentage representing its positive or negative evolution over the chosen period.
The different factors that can raise or lower the Talend Trust Score™ of a dataset. They are regrouped under five main axes:
- Validity, that takes into account the quality of the dataset itself, with the number of valid and invalid values across the dataset sample, as well as the use of semantic types.
- Completeness, that depends on the number of empty records in the dataset sample.
- Popularity, that gives an idea of the reliability of the dataset, using the user ratings and certification level.
- Discoverability, reflecting how well-documented your dataset is, with the use of proper metadata such as a description, tags, or custom attributes. A well-documented dataset is easier to find.
- Usage, that shows how much your dataset is used as source for pipelines or preparations and how often it is viewed.
- The Evolution tab displays two curves:
If the selected period is:
- The evolution of the Talend Trust Score™ for the selected datasets over the last 7, 30, or 90 days.
- The evolution of the selected axis for the filtered datasets over the last 7, 30, or 90 days.
- 7 or 30 days, the data in the graph display one Talend Trust Score™ for each day.
90 days, the data in the graph display one Talend Trust Score™ for each week.
The Talend Trust Score™ evolution range from 0 to 5 and is indicated on the right side of the graph. The evolution of the selected axis range from 0% to 100% and is indicated on the left side of the graph.
- The Insights tab displays information about each of the five
The evolution of the Talend Trust Score™ and the evolution of the axes let you spot the areas you can work on to get a better score. Focus on an axis by clicking its name to display a description of the corresponding metrics, to understand and take actions to improve the score.
The Talend Trust Score™ is updated every time an action impacting those parameters is performed. You can improve the Talend Trust Score™ of your dataset by using Talend Cloud Data Preparation or Talend Cloud Pipeline Designer to work on the quality of the data itself, or using the social features of Talend Cloud Data Inventory.
The Talend Trust Score™ of a dataset can be found at the following locations:
- From the dataset list:
The Talend Trust Score™ is displayed above the dataset list. Giving insights and trends on the dataset list or on a filtered group of datasets. For more information, check Calculating the Talend Trust Score of a group of datasets.
The Talend Trust Score™ is also displayed as a shield icon. Hover over the icon to display the exact score with 2 decimals.
- From the dataset overview:
The Talend Trust Score™ of your dataset is displayed in a dedicated tile, giving insights and trends on the dataset.
- From the dataset detailed view:
In the header above your dataset, you can also find a simplified version of the Talend Trust Score™ icon, with one shield, and the exact score with 2 decimals.
- From the Data console tab:
For more information on this tab, see Managing data health with the Data console.