Talend Cloud Data Stewardship comes with predefined roles and workflows.
Roles are used to manage user authorization on tasks and functionalities and they are assigned in Talend Cloud Management Console. For more information, see the Talend Cloud Management Console documentation.
- Technical users are in charge of populating campaigns with actual data by using Talend Jobs and output governed data to target systems.
- Business users are in charge of creating campaigns and data models. They organize, supervise and monitor the tasks they assign to data stewards. Campaign owners can participate as data stewards.
- List the campaigns.
- Read the data models.
- Read, create and edit some tasks.
- Classify data by assigning a label chosen among a predefined list of arbitration choices.
- Curate one or several fields of the task record by fixing invalid values or by providing missing values for example.
- Merge several potential duplicate records into one single record.
Data stewards do not need to have particular technical skills.
Rule managers are technical users in charge of managing data quality rules.
Rule viewers are business users only allowed to view data quality rules.
For more information about the permissions associated with the predefined roles, see Predefined roles and permissions.
Workflows define the steps necessary to resolve the tasks in a campaign. A workflow is composed of states, linked to each other by transitions.
- Two-step workflow: Defines one initial state and one final state where the newly created tasks are picked up by given stewards, handled and then marked as resolved.
- Multi-step approval workflow: Defines one initial state, one or more validation states and one final state. The newly created tasks are picked up by given stewards, handled and then forwarded to other stewards in charge of approving the task resolution before they are marked as resolved.
The multiple approval steps are useful when it is necessary to double check data by stewards who have different rights when visualizing tasks or have different expertise.