Tasks have a life cycle where they pass through different states according to the workflow defined in the campaign. Transitioning defines how a task goes from one state to the next in the workflow. There is always an initial and a final states.
With the two-state workflow for example there is only one transition, while a three-state workflow requires two transitions.
- When the target state is not the final Resolved state and if:
- The current participant is allowed to access this state, the tasks remain assigned to him/her.
- The target state has only one participant, the tasks remain assigned to this participant.
Otherwise, the tasks are unassigned.
- When the target state is a final state, the tasks are unassigned.
You can perform a transition on a single task or perform the same transition on multiple tasks.
- On the Tasks page, click the name of the campaign you want to open.
Select the tasks.
Tip: From the task list, hold the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple tasks. On Mac, hold the Cmd or Shift keys.
The transition choice you have depends on the state at which you are in the workflow. This example shows bulk transition in an initial state of the workflow in an Arbitration campaign.
Clickin the right panel and use the two lists to decide what transition choice to select for the tasks.
Select the transition choice on top of the list. Select YES in this example.
The selected tasks are marked as green. You may get a warning message if the transition choice can not be applied to all the selected tasks.
- Click Validate on the top right corner of the page to transition the tasks to the next step in the workflow.